Thursday, June 02, 2011

Day 2: Boogers

"I got boogers, Mom!"

  I wake up to this fairly often with Ella hanging on to the side of my bed.  I usually grunt something like, "Go wipe them and go back to bed," but a few weeks ago Ella came to me three different times in the same night crying about them.  She had been complaining about them since earlier that morning, so I decided it was probably legit, and got up to wipe them.  She complained a few more times while putting her back in bed, but eventually she fell asleep.  She was a pill the next day, so I assumed she was getting sick.  It wasn't until that night when she cried to Rob about boogers that he realized there was something hard stuck in one of her nostrils. After much pressing, dissecting, tweezing and screaming - this came out:

It was one of those twistable crayons from Crayola.  I can't even imagine something that big in my nose for a few minutes let alone the tiny nostrils of two year old for two days.  Reminds me of the chex mix story.  I'll save that one for another day.

(Anybody out there know how to read wrinkly, in-obvious-need-of-lotion, palms?)

2 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

Poor Ella!

P.S. I am totally diggin this post-a-day thing. I pretend its us hanging out once a day in the booth chatting. Good times...

Deon said...

Aw, poor little thing! That's gotta hurt!

This reminds me of the time when Christian was about four and had a Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean stuck up his nose, and it was exactly the right color to be mistaken for, ugh, "nose discharge." Imagine my surprise when I wiped his nose with a Kleenex and found otherwise. These kids, I'm tellin' ya!