Thursday, June 30, 2011

Completion

It's my last day of post-a-day June.  It's been fun trying to figure out something to write about - but I'm sure you're all sick of me by now.  I think I'm actually sick of me.  So for my final June post, I'll share one of our (this obviously does not include me) favorite things - backyard birdies! (They really are adorable - but only from a safe distance.  Laugh all you want - I can't hear you.)

Rob, being Mr. Nature, loves to find and show baby birds to Maddie and Jude.  This year we actually had two little ones hopping around - and for the first time, the kids weren't scared to hold them.




They really were cute little guys, and the kids were sad to let them go.  Apparently, the birds were also sad to leave because later that day one of them wandered inside for a visit and bathroom break.  Jude thought it was hysterical that the bird was just hanging out in the stuffed animal bin. His exact words upon discovering the bird were, "Whaaaaaaaaaaat? (giggle giggle giggle) We've got a real problem here, Mom!"

So we said one more goodbye, and threw him out.  Don't worry, bird lovers, he landed safely.




Thanks, again, to all of you who have followed this month - I've actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

7 comments:

the old guy said...

Thanks Melissa - This has really been great to see all of the pictures and activity!
The kids look like they are having a great summer - so far . . .
Looking forward to seeing you in August!

kathryn said...

Keep posting on a regular basis, I love reading about all your goings on!

Maria said...

Congrats Melissa! That could not have been easy-and all while you were doing INSANITY. You are amazing. Absolutely amazing. :)

Stacey said...

I know I looked forward to your daily posts. I have had friends do this before and I lose track or interest but not with you. I'm excited to see the pictures you get from all of your hard work. I think you should keep it going.

Stefanie Raynes said...

I have never been so sad to see June go....sigh....

Deon said...

YOU DID IT! You can now say that you know how to endure to the end and finish strong! Yeehaw, I'm quite proud of you, if you don't mind my sayin' so!

Kendal and Alissa said...

Congrats! Keep it going. I think I checked your blog everyday...do I get credit for that?:) And next time you get to hold baby birds in your yard call us! Savy would just die to hold those cute things.