Sunday, June 05, 2011

Summer Breeze

We finally hit the upper 70's today.  I can't believe it has taken me until June to be able to say that.  Perhaps it's my Midwest upbringing, but I'm a firm believer that May should be warm, June, July and August hot, and then there should be an immediate cool down come October 1st. (September is just a wash, I suppose!)

Here's how we celebrated the warm weather:

Grilled chicken, salad, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes

All in the comfort of our patio furniture (yes, we're a group of messy eaters)
Then we hammock-ed a bit (brushing hair was optional)
 Even though it's one of the first warm days we've had, somehow Madelyn already has a glorious tan.  What's that about? I won't even come close to this tan until it's time for the pants to be broken out again.  And in this scenario we are keeping tan and sunburned on the same level. 

Happy summer, friends! 

3 comments:

Jessica Kopp said...

It all looks delicious. Next time give us a call. We'd love to join you.

Angie said...

What... Is Ella seriously that old?! I think I'm still imagining her as a baby. Sounds like a fun time... If we ate outside in Iowa right now we would be sweating in about .3 seconds and bugs the size of rats would be diving at your food. Good times. Anyway, your kids are adorable!

the old guy said...

Hey - What is this? Blogging every day? I've gotten used to the once every two weeks . . . so when I logged on and the new ones kept going and going and going. . . anyways - nice work! I'll be checking in more often1