Saturday, June 04, 2011

A few weeks ago my life began.  It was a moment that I had been dreaming of for years and years.  My kids had their first T-ball game.  I know all of you parents out there dream of what your kids will be when they grow up, etc. Not me.  My kids have pretty much accomplished all I've ever hoped they would.  Well done Maddie and Jude - thank you for setting such a great example for your younger siblings.

T-ball (well, baseball in general) is quite possibly the reason I even wanted to have kids to begin with.  Falling head over heels in love with them was totally an added bonus, but seriously....T-ball.  My heart raced as I got to watch ten kids run after one ball.  I squealed with delight after every unaimed overthrow.  How many times can one kid swing without ever making contact with the ball?  Not nearly enough.

This is heaven people.  To top it all off, my husband is the coach of the Hotdogs.

Join me as I reminisce about last week's game:
Jude swings the bat - totally backwards
Maddie runs the bases so quickly that her hat falls off
Jude takes a moment to clean out his nose
Eight kids chase hopelessly after the ball.  (The girl with her legs out wins)
Saturday mornings have never been so glorious!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

So gosh darn cute! :)

Jessica Kopp said...

It looks like a blast. We only did 1 year of t-ball and then it was off to soccer. But I totally remember how fun it was to watch them run the bases backwards, wear mitt on their heads instead of hands and do cartwheels in the outfield. You've in for a treat this season.

the old guy said...

Ah what fun!! But I have to say that in all of my t-ball parent years, I've never seen eight people go after the same baseball at once - that's hilarious!