Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Sad Story

There is a family down the street who sets up quite the Halloween display every year.  Last year the kids were pretty scared of it - but this year Maddie and Jude get revved up every time we get in the car because, "WE ARE GOING TO PASS THE SPOOKY HOUSE!"

Seeing how awesome their display was, Jude mentioned that he would really like to have some Halloween decorations at our house too.  (This was in the middle of the job hunt).  I reminded him that we didn't have a lot of money and probably shouldn't spend any on Halloween decorations.  He really is the most understanding kid I have - and his response killed me.  He very calmly said, "That's okay, Mom.  I can just ask Santa for Halloween decorations, then we can have some for next year."

Being an emotionally trying time, I immediately had to go in the house so he couldn't see how sweet he was, and how sad I was that I couldn't provide him with the silliest little thing.

Today he came in and begged me to come outside to see what he had done with our (neighbor's - oops) driveway.  




"See, Mom!  Now we have Halloween decorations and I can ask Santa for something real."

Smart kid.  Smart, crafty, inventive, understanding kid.  Love him.

BDEM:  I was going to tell you all about yesterday's bread that I finally made - but that took second to finding these pictures when I uploaded the pictures on the camera.





2 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

I love that kid...I know there is a waiting list, but I really think he should marry Alice or Scarlet.

Stacy said...

Last picture- priceless!

Jude needs to come over and play sometime, Porter loves him. And he needs to rub that sweetness off on him. :)