Friday, March 02, 2012

Calling all Seamstresses!

Maybe in plural form you are called Seamstressi.  It's all just too technical for me - especially being a novice when it comes to the old sewing machine.

Here's my dilemma.  After hitting up Old Navy's 30% off sale, I came home with this dress:



I'm still trying to decide whether or not I can get back into floral patterns, but the dress was super cute on. Or at least I thought it was until I saw the double, awkwardly spaced ruffles at the bottom. When I showed it to Rob he said, "The top of that dress is awesome....but then the bottom kind of looks like a moo-moo.  I feel like you should have a fruit basket on your head."  He put into words exactly what I was feeling.  So, here's my question - can this be altered to look more awesome?  I thought about removing the awkward space between the two ruffles, and just making it a double ruffle - which will actually keep the dress long enough. But that would definitely require the handy-work of my awesome seamstress mother-in-law.  She is a whiz behind the sewing machine.  BUT - IS THE DRESS WORTH IT?  Is it a cute enough dress to put some time into, or do I just go with this one:


It also comes in blue:









BDEM:  Lunch with Stef.  Then talk of making said lunch a regular occurrence. What I wouldn't give! 

Water:  Ooh...I kind of lost track today.  I'm not sure I actually had ANY.  Crap.

1 comment:

Stefanie Raynes said...

That was my BDEM too!! (Go with the blue one.)