Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Half-Way Home

We are safely in Arizona picking up the kids.  Ella was starting to get a bit homesick, so she doesn't want to leave our sides now that we are together.  All of the kids were really excited to see us, but I think Claire's reaction was my favorite.  She saw me - stared for a second, then just started laughing.  Then she walked over and gave me a great big hug.  It was almost like she had completely forgotten that we existed, but was excited when she remembered who we were.  The kids made us tons of "We miss you, Mom and Dad" cards, and loved showing us all of the things they had done while we were away.  Matt and Lindy took such good care of them, and I am so grateful that they are all safe and happy.

The red eye flight has really taken a toll on me, so I think I'll hit the sack pretty early to try and catch up to my normal sleep schedule.  Just a couple more days in Phoenix, then the road trip starts all over again!

BDEM:  Definitely seeing the kids.  I love how happy they are to see us after being away for a while!

No comments: