Monday, March 19, 2012

Helicopter Tour

After the market on Saturday we toured the island by helicopter.  So much of Kauai is unreachable by land, so it was amazing to get up in the air and see the ins and outs of all of the canyons and the Na Pali Coast.  We were originally planning on hiking part of the trail that goes along the cliffs, but with all of the rain Kauai has received, the trail has been shut down.













BDEM:  We decided to do a last minute ocean tour of the Na Pali Coast by boat today - and it had to be my favorite day of the trip.  We saw whales, toured the coast, went in and out of the caves, and snorkeled.  While snorkeling I saw a five foot reef shark and then we swam with a huge sea turtle.  It was an AMAZING afternoon.  I'll post more about today's trip tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I wish I would have thought to have you borrow our underwater video camera. We have only used it when we've gone to Hawaii. I would have LOVED to have seen that footage. And I would've been freaking out over a 5 ft shark FOR SURE!