Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hanging in There

That seems to be the answer I keep giving. I get asked about twenty times per day how we are doing, and I've pretty much exhausted all other answers. So for anyone out there wondering how and what we are doing....we are putting in a lot of resumes, talking to a lot of people, and just hanging in there. It's really all we can do. I still have days (like today) where I swallow back the tears at the mere mention, but in general, I'm feeling much better. I have my husband, I have my children, and no matter where we end up...we will be together.

I really don't want to post much more about it, because it's kind of a downer on a blog that I really try to keep positive, but I know a lot of you are wondering. I appreciate your thoughts, your prayers and all the sweet messages you send me. I am so blessed to know each and every one of you.

BDEM: There has been this cake on my "to bake" list for a couple of years now, and today I finally made it. It looked great, and in my humble opinion, tasted pretty darn good too! Totally worth all of the build up it received over the years. Oh man....how I love cake. One of my all time weaknesses, right behind donuts and cookies. I kind of love those too. I'm giving all of those up again tomorrow, though....really. No, really I am. It's the healthier choice...and it's good for me. Yes, indeed. Totally giving them up. Really, really, really.

3 comments:

Stefanie Raynes said...

HUGS! and I want to eat that cake....now.

Jodi said...

The cake was AMAZING - I need the recipe. I'm sorry that you're going through this and I hope you know that we are here for you...WHATEVER you need! I hate to sound cliche - but hang in there! It will all work out for the best!

Linz said...

Love you Melissa! Definitely praying for you.