Thursday, September 01, 2011

A Night Apart

I went on a date tonight - without my husband.  A lovely redhead showed up around 6:30 and took me to dinner and a movie.  It's been a while since I've had to impress anyone except my husband...I was nervous, and excited all at the same time.  We went to see "The Help" and Rob was able to watch "True Grit" at home without me constantly rolling my eyes.  I think we both lucked out.  I know, I know - True Grit was supposed to be a really good movie - but I can't take Western style movies seriously.  I swear it's just a made up time in America's history.  A bunch of men got together and threw out what they thought would make a perfect world - gun slinging, dirt, shooting people, and small swinging wooden doors that open BOTH directions effortlessly.  Then someone wrote it down in books just hoping that we could one day return to such a lifestyle.  Oh - am I still talking about Westerns?  Sorry. Yuck.

Either way, I had a great time - and I really hope the redhead calls me again.  She makes me laugh - and I like that!

I'd also like to send a shout out to the second person that made my day.  You know who you are.  Thank you.




BDEM:  Realizing that I haven't cleaned my house since Rob came home.  I am a bit of a nervous cleaner, but having him here I have found myself paying more attention to my kids, and not all the things I feel I need to accomplish between the hours of 8 and 5.  I loved the moment when Jude said, "Hey Mom - will you come outside and watch me ride my bike?"  In a normal situation I probably would have told him I had more work to be done, but that I'd try to come out later.  Instead, I looked around at this mess - shrugged and went outside.  I'm so happy that I did - the kid is becoming a pro on the two wheeler.  


As a side note....please don't come over until I've decided to get my cleaning bug back! 





1 comment:

Stefanie Raynes said...

YEA! It was an awesome date night...this red-head will call again!