Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hmmm

Have you ever been a part of a produce club?  The kind where you pay like $15, and then get ridiculous amounts of fresh fruit and veggies?  We've been on board with the concept for a while now, and really are pretty happy with the bounty we have received.  Saves us a lot on produce, and we get to associate with those greener (and obviously better) than us.  They are a fun little hippie community...lots of canvas bags and Birkenstocks.  I digress.  Anyway, the only down side to it is the fact that you don't choose your produce.  You just try to use whatever the good earth gives you.

This is all fine and dandy, and helps me to be more creative in my cooking and preparing - until you get these:

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  

What are these, and what do I do with them?!  I'll give you two clues:  Rob says it's more like a fruit, and apparently has lots of seeds.  

You get extra karma points if you have a recipe to put them in.  And can't we all use a few karma points?  


BDEM:  This BDEM is only a retrospect BDEM.  At the time I was suicidal, but I think that starting Insanity again was a good choice - it made the rest of the day better.  Exercise is definitely a mood enhancer.  

5 comments:

Kendal and Alissa said...

No help on the produce, but I had to comment on you beginning Insanity AGAIN...WOW I am impressed. I am still trying to talk myself into doing it once. Way to go!

Sara :-) said...

i've done bountiful baskets a few times but not a huge fan...Thought i would love it, but actually think it's a little overpriced.

i am however, a huge fan of insanity and need to jump on the bandwagon ASAP!!

Mrs. H said...

They look like figs to me. Yum!
http://www.pickyourown.org/figs.htm

Mary said...

Well, if they are figs, then you should make figgy pudding, right?! http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17356371

Maria said...

Outside of fig newtons, I've never eaten a fig in my life. But a blogger I follow has. Here's her favorite recipe: http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2011/09/stop-everything.html

good luck!