Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tell Me I'm Not Alone....

Rob often looks at my makeup bag with a mix of curiosity and disgust.  I have two makeup bags, you see.  One bag is fairly small and is full of the makeup that I wear on a daily basis.  It's clean and organized - which are two traits that really make him smile.  THEN there's the second bag.  The reserve.  It's full of makeup that I don't really wear, but feel I should hold on to in case of some sort of makeup emergency.  It's also disgusting.  It's the bag where the blush and/or eye shadows have broken and created a caky, colored mess all over everything inside it.

My problem is that even though I know I have this disgusting bag where makeup goes to die, I still continue to be an impulsive makeup buyer.  I see the commercial, and I'm sold.

I'd feel a lot better about all this if I knew there was somebody else out there who has nine tubes of mascara  in their possession.  Anybody else a makeup hoarder?



Sadly, in all my makeup hoarding, there is only one of these tubes that I actually like!  Eight of the nine will probably never be used again, and will get tossed when the A & E channel comes to my house and tells me that I have to choose between my children and the mascara.

BDEM:  Oooh, yummy dinner!  Yummy and EASY dinner.  Maybe I'll blog about it tomorrow - or the next day.  Heck, I've still got three and a half months left before blog-every-day-for-a-year comes to an end.  Looks like I've got PLENTY of days to share it!  

Water:  60 oz.

7 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

Despite your revelation that you are an impulsive make up buyer.....you really do need that killer lipstick! Just sayin'.

Snarr mama said...

Ooooh... Now I'm curious. Which mascara is your favorite?

Nicole said...

I am glad that I am not the only makeup hoarder! I have 2 bags of makeup also, only 3 tubes of mascara but lets not talk about the eye shadow. I seriously am clueless on how many I have. Also the nail polish - it is starting to get out of control LOL

Stacy said...

I'm a bit opposite. As soon as something breaks and creates a mess I want to throw everything away and start over.

But I am with Courtney, what's your current favorite?

Our Journey to Beating Epilepsy said...

yes...i have a 2nd bag JUST like that...I can't just throw away make-up...I *might* need it!

Sister Babcock said...

I think I still have makeup from High school.....gross and no I dont use it. It just sits and takes up space.

mom said...

I think it's genetic. What I wouldn't give if I only had a makeup BAG. I'm afraid I've morphed to a used makeup BASKET. You really drank too shallowly from the gene pool I'm afraid.