Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How I spent my summer vacation: day 6

I decided to count my bruises today. Sixteen on my legs, and nine on my arms. One of them is about the size of two golf balls put together. That one's gonna hurt in the morning. The funny thing is that I have no idea where most of them came from. The one on the arm? I know exactly where that one came from.

This morning started off with water skiing and wake boarding. It had been a while since we had gone, and surprisingly, we were all pretty successful. We all walked away from the boat proud and uninjured. After water skiing, we has lunch, then went back to the lake to do some more sailing. I was really excited to teach Rob how to sail - and he was a natural. He did so, so so well. I loved being able to share one if my favorite things with him, and seeing him enjoy it as much as I do.

After sailing we met up with Greg and Mandy (really, autofill? You're going to let me call him Freg?) Anyway, we all did some kayaking then hit up the archery field. The kids spent the afternoon with Aunt Jessica doing horseback riding and then some arts and crafts. After dinner there was a camp carnival where we enjoyed lots of bounce houses, games, a dunk tank, trampolines with bungee cords, and live music. We then played catch. Have I ever mentioned that my family loves catch? We do. Play it all the time when we are together.

When the carnival was over, we got the old fire started and everyone sat around to laugh and tell stories. At the end of every day we find ourselves saying, "today was the best day, yet. " And every day has been. We are happy, healthy, having an unbelievably good time, AND going out for my favorite breakfast in the world tomorrow. Can't wait.

Goodnight world!

No comments: