Friday, August 26, 2011

New

Remember the cool cuff/every day bracelet that I mentioned I was looking for?  Rob nailed it!  Exactly what I wanted - good work, babe!
Then I got the new photoshop cs5.  I can't wait to familiarize myself with it. And by familiarize, I mean - learn photoshop.  Yes, I am one of those old ladies that doesn't know how to use it.

The other new thing I'm starting is called BDEM (Bee-Dem)  It stands for Best Day Ever Moment.  Since I'm trying to make thirty my best year, I'm going to try living on the philosophy that every day has potential to be the best day ever.  At the end of every post, I'm going to add a BDEM.  It is there to make me reflect on the day, and pick out one moment that made that day amazing.  It can be big, it can be little - but it is something that I experienced that made that particular day exceptional.  Not only will I then have a reminder of all these wonderful moments - but it will make me more aware of them as they are happening around me.

BDEM:  Claire woke up crying in the middle of the night - which is abnormal for her.  I tried to calm her, but she wasn't having it.  After using Sesame Street to distract her for a few moments, she quieted, and we made our way back to her room.  I rocked her, and she hummed quietly into my ear while playing with my hair.  She was sooo squishy and lovable, and eventually fell asleep in my arms.  I didn't want to put her down.

1 comment:

Babcock Family said...

did he make those bracelets?