Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Mommy Moments

Every once in a great while I have these moments where I forget that life goes on around me.  I tend to get so swept up in my own little world inside my own little house that I lose all contact with the outside. One of these moments happened a while back when I left the house around 8:30 pm on a weeknight.  It was dark, and I was driving down one of the busier roads in the area.  Traffic was a bit heavy, and I found myself wondering why there were so many people out after dark.  I remember thinking, "Don't they all need to get ready for bed?"  (I should add the only reason I was out was because I was getting medicine for a sick child).  As a stay at home mom, it's funny how often I lose my sense of reality.

I had another one of those mommy moments tonight.  Driving back from an errand, I rolled down the window to enjoy the smell of fresh summer air.  I was so happy in that moment: the radio was loud, my arm was rested on the open window. It just felt like I was a teenager again.  That ended when I pulled up to a red light and a few teenagers started laughing at me.  I realized I was in a mini van, blaring David Archuleta through my open windows. Busted.

Back to reality.

3 comments:

Deon said...

No, no, no! Those teenagers weren't laughing at you, they were laughing with you. I'm quite sure of it. Relatively sure. Sorta. Maybe? It's possible!

Wilson Family said...

HAHAHA! I love it.

Stacy said...

I had a moment like that the other day. Too embarrassing to share though! :)