Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The bedroom is JUUUUUST about finished - with maybe a detail or two left, but for some reason the camera can't seem to capture the colors correctly - so I'll try tomorrow in the daylight and see if that helps!

So for now, I'm going to share the HEALTHY dinner that we had tonight.  It was also, I should add, really really tasty.

I made the White Chicken Chili on the Our Best Bites website.  Gosh I love them!  Rob got me their cookbook for Christmas and I've been devouring it all week.  So many things I want to make!

We kept this on the healthy side and didn't add sour cream or cheese.  (Grab the Chili recipe HERE). At first I wasn't completely sold on the recipe - but I added a little bit of garlic salt to the final recipe and my taste buds went crazy!


We then went ahead and cancelled all that out by eating tortilla chips and this salsa.  
It's a really great and easy salsa that my brother, Greg, introduced me to a while back.  Throw this together, and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours while the flavors all come together.

1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn drained
1 can rotel tomatoes with Chilis
a handful of cilantro chopped
a decent squeeze of lime juice (I use bottled)
garlic salt to taste

Rob doesn't LOVE this, because he doesn't dream of cilantro the way I do.  I want it all day every day.  Mexican food + Diet Coke = my heaven. So if you love Cilantro, and being an American, try this.  Feel no guilt while realizing this food has nothing to do with being an American.

BDEM:  SO EXCITED ABOUT THE BEDROOM!  It just feels like me!  Putting it together just made me so, so happy.  Even better was when Rob came home from work and loved it just as much.  Success!  

4 comments:

Stacy said...

The food looks so good right now, and I can't wait to see how your room turned out! I even considered dropping by to see the progress today. :)

Deon said...

Can't wait to see the "after" photos! How do you manage to do it all--four kids, a huge church calling, awesome wife and mother. You are making me look pathetic.

The salsa looks delish! I make something very similar which I call Cowboy Caviar (we like to be fancy like that). Like Rob, no cilantro for Dave. His loss.

Jodi said...

How are Jeff and Rob brothers?? Jeff adds cilantro to EVERYTHING!

Mary said...

Can't wait to see the reveal..."MOVE THAT BUS" already! I too bought myself the Our Best Bites cookbook for Christmas! Love it! They are the reason Clark will eat snow peas!