Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reevaluated

I am not giving up my goal of losing twenty pounds.  I am, however, extending my schedule a bit.  When I originally set the goal, I thought I was giving myself PLENTY of time to get it done, after all - I just wanted to make it a goal that was accomplished - but not something I stressed over.  I figured I'd lose 20 pounds in ten weeks, easily. When I really did the math - I realized that losing two lbs/week is healthy, and doable.  But it requires a pretty strict regimen, which I spent all of last year following.

I don't want this to sound like I'm bailing on my plan - or that I don't think I can't do it.  I just don't want to stress myself out by knowing I only have "(blank) days left!"  I also have no idea where my body wants to be, so should I lose 15 lbs, but find that I've toned up, and feel like I'm where I want to be - I'll stay there.  All I know is I'm not there yet, but I'd like to be there by MAY 1st.

I'm also going to start posting my weight weekly instead of daily.  I still weigh myself daily - but I'll just bore you with that stuff every Monday.




BDEM:  Rob, Madelyn and I spent the afternoon at the local fitness center.  I got to run on a treadmill - which I LOVE, then we went swimming.  I was so happy to see that even though I haven't been running in ages, I actually ran longer and faster than I normally do.  High Fives to Insanity!  

Water:  40 oz (I'm falling behind on this goal, too - I need to step this one up.)

Weight - goal is to lose 2 lbs/week.  I am currently on target!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It would be hard to accuse you of giving up when you are doing SO STINKING AWESOME! Keep up the great work!

Deon said...

Okay dokey. So, I just read your comment on Lisa's blog, and I'm quite literally tearing up right here in front of my computer. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I think the absolute WORLD of you, Melissa, and your friendship and soul-sisterhood-ness is nothing short of a pure and genuine gift to me. Seriously. Thank you.