Monday, January 02, 2012

Getting There

I'm getting really excited about our new master bedroom.  We painted today, and it looks like it's all coming together nicely.  I've still got some details to finish up - and I don't want to post until it's completely done, but here's what it looked like before:



Okay, maybe not the BEST "before" shots... I forgot to take them before we pulled everything away from the walls and took off the bedspread, and threw all the junk on the bed, and took down the pictures, and threw all sorts of toys on the dresser...you get the point.  This is a bare-minimum shot. (PS - do you like my weird rectangular prison windows? Definitely not my favorite feature of our little old house!)

Okay - I scanned through my photos, and found this shot.  Again, not the best...seeing as how the whole picture was based on my kids sweet attempt to make my bed (the stripes are supposed to be vertical).  But this shows the old color scheme, etc. 



So, perhaps in a few days I'll post the after pictures - till then, wish me luck...it's always hard to find what you're looking for when you have it so perfectly planned in your head, but no idea where to find what you need!

BDEM:  Painting.  I love it.  Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, and then when it's done I get to enjoy the fruits of my labors.  

1 comment:

Snarr mama said...

I'm excited to see the "after"! I love bedroom makeovers!