Tuesday, May 08, 2012

One Letter

It's amazing how much difference a single letter of the alphabet can change a sentence.  If you replaced an "a"for an "I" in any sentence it could make a perfectly logical sentence become nonsense.

Example:

I went to a store today versus I went to I store today.

Dumb, but true.

Ella kept telling me today that she went poop in the potty.  Ella does this daily, so I really didn't pay much attention to the announcement, and just thanked her for telling me.  I figured that maybe I hadn't given her enough praise during the day - so I let her tell me about ten times, and thanked her every time.

"Good job, honey - you're such a big girl..." yada, yada, yada.

Finally she took my hand, led me to the bathroom and pointed at the HUGE MESS she had left.

"See, Mom!  I go poop on the potty."

On vs. In.

In this case, one letter made all the difference.  

Now, exactly how one forgets to open the lid after being potty trained for over a year completely beats me, but hey - I suppose I've forgotten some important things in my life, too.

BDEM:  I think I am finally caught up on the three million loads of laundry that accumulated while we were sick - clothes, blankets, sheets, towels, rags, you name it.  Everything is FINALLY clean!  I guess the next step is shampooing the carpet.

Water:  40 oz

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh man! As if the messes you were trying to keep up with weren't big enough already!

Probably one of those moments you throw your hands up and yell WHY?!!!

Sara :-) said...

poop or vomit. take your pick.

Linz said...

ha ha! Oh man! Well, at least she was very good at reporting the incident!